Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So this year I got lucky enough to get a student teacher. Now when I say lucky, I really mean lucky because the lady that is here is really awesome! She seems to really love working with student and she "gets" most of them.

Her being in my room this year has made me reflect on my own student teaching experience. I student taught at an elementary school in Greensboro and absolutely thought that my OSTE (on site teacher educator-that's what they called the clinical teacher) walked on water. She was an older lady, about 4 years from retirement and she was "old school". Hester Cunningham was a one in a million! There were so many things that I learned during my time with her. (Heck we took 4 classes of 5th graders to Washington DC for a week, if that wasn't a lesson in patience then nothing at all is.)

I think that I'll have to give her a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment